Wednesday 16 August 2017

The Science Fiction zone

Science Fiction and the USA
Years ago, on a writing course, I was told the hardest market to sell to is the US Science Fiction market.
As I have been selling for over five years now, in my opinion, the most difficult market to sell in is the Canadian market. I have sold e-books in places as far apart as Norway and New Zealand, or Germany and South Africa, but in all my years I have yet to sell an e-book in Canada. I had lots of promises of sales, but no sales.
When I started to sell on Draft2Digital, I looked at the site on Barnes & Noble. I thought there is no way I can sell my sci-fi there, the site is geared to selling to higher education establishments, and I figured I had no chance of sales.
It took a friend in Canada to convince me to try to sell there, and I have not looked back (until this month). With a series that sold over 750 e-books in three and a half years, I can say I cracked the US sci-fi market. If only I could sell in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment