Thursday 27 April 2017

What has changed?

I am not using Smashwords again



I am not surprised that I didn't get paid for my ebook sales on Smashwords, I've been telling writers for years the site is "dodgy."

How can a small site like Smashwords outsell the huge Amazon market place?
Also, the site manager has made himself a millionare.
I'll give him that it is good business sense to set up in the Far East, and Australasia, but as soon as I read he was outselling Amazon; I knew there was something wrong.
I read reports going back years, that writers have not got their royalties, the owner goes as far as to say the books never sold; even when readers are asking if a sequel is planned.

I put two of my stock there, to see what the site is like, and no surprises for me - the site is definitely one to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment