Sunday 23 April 2017

Added costs of publicity

What the buyer doesn't take into consideration
I've said at each turn, that being an Indie writer I need to weigh outgoings against the possible income - that's why until last week I'd never bought a cover.

My luxury item

 I knew in my heart when I bought this cover that it would not pay for itself, but I wanted a nice cover in my stock.

 You'd think with eleven sales platforms on Draft2Digital www.draft2digital.com/book/235628, the various aspects of Smashwords  www.smashwords.com/books/view/719595 and the mighty site at Amazon  www.amazon.com/dp/B071CSVHFD that selling a measly ten copies would be easy, but no book outside the Forgestriker series has sold even five copies in over a decade on Draft2Digital.

Another aspect of my costs is that I sent hard copies, printed, of The Chronicles of Mark Johnson to three sites in the USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment