Thursday 14 May 2015

A man of simple pleasures

The Simple Life

I qualify for a State Pension (66). 
Though this will entail cutbacks in my spending, I will not be significantly affected as most of the things people do to relax I gave up many years ago.
Though I went to Canada many years ago, I never had any great urge to travel abroad. If I did wish to travel, there are lots of places in England I would have liked to have seen. 

I never had a driving license, so I don't need to worry about the upkeep of a car. I recently cut back on my drinking of both Coke-a-cola and coffee for the good of my health, and the benefits were seen quickly.
I have never had a lot of money, so I get pleasure from doing things that I can enjoy for little expense such as I used to like walking in the woods, and by rivers enjoying nature, like the hero of my ebook above.
I had a friend in Canada, whose mental health would concern me if we had stayed in touch, all she did was preach to me about the sins of the world, and that Jesus will save us - luv a duck - to read her posts you'd think she was on the streets living hand-to-mouth. But, she lives in a nice house, with a new jacuzzi, both she and her husband are working and belong to the golf club, and they have two cars. I would be concerned as she was talking about Thought Leadership classes - AKA - Brainwashing. If you need a person to tell you what to think, you are in trouble, unless you have an impairment, and my friend did not.

To be honest, I have no idea what I would do if I had a lot of money, my first thoughts would be to see the family were given some money; for myself, I have no plans which entail spending a lot. 
If I could travel, I may have planned a few trips, but who knows I am older now.




No comments:

Post a Comment